June 30, 2011

Second Half…

Prompted by Stephanie when she asked me on Daily Mile what was I training for, I figured it was time to update my race schedule. But first let’s recap what I had on the agenda:
imageHmm not such solid first half of the year, this may turn out to be my quietest race year yet, even after wrecking my leg in 2009! I did manage the 13.1 in January though! Plans to run some races with the kids didn’t really come to much fruition as I wasn’t racing neither were they although we did all run a 1 miler in March and we may squeeze in a 4th July something! That being said I am actually training for something…shut the front door! And I do have some semblance of a plan for the second half of the year and early part of next…yes I am talking about 2012 already; 178 shopping days till Christmas!


So it’s looks kinda like this:


8/28 Half Marathon of the Harbors – this is what I am training for and I am aiming for a sub 1:30. Then I head back to the dirt…


10/22 Coastal Trail Runs Malibu Creek 25k – there are several races that run this loop each year; along, up, along, down, easy!


11/12 Catalina Island Eco Marathon – this race claimed two toe nails and whole chunk of pride last year, time for some revenge!


11/20 PCTR Santa Monica Mountains 50k – I have run either the 30k or 50k 4 out of the last 5 years, it was my very first Ultra


1/16 Calico Ghost Town 50k – I raced this in 2008, four years later seems about right, just like the Olympics right!


2/25 Ray Miller 50m – this follows a similar course to the PCTR race, this is up in the air for now…we’ll see, but I do need a sub 11:00 finish!


As we all know it’s very easy to write a list of races for the future, it’s another thing to get the training done and then turn up to the start line uninjured and healthy!


I intend to take these one at a time and hopefully enjoy some success.

4 comments:

  1. Keep me motivated Stuart! I'm hoping to get back into HM shape this year....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have some exciting races planned! This coming from a person who's doing their fist marathon in October...and has only won 1 5k, so maybe I don't know :)

    Good luck on getting to them (or most of them at least!) uninjured and peppy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Thanks for sharing! Btw, I think I'll do Ray Miller, too. Looks like a great scenic course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's why I only list my "maybes" on a private excel spreadsheet! : )) that nobody sees. LOL.

    Maybe I'll see you at Bulldog, when you pass me (after an hour head start I'll get for the 50k).

    Go Stuart!

    ReplyDelete